Loaded with industry-first technologies, EGX PRO Series engravers have the power, size and speed professional engravers want at an affordable price. With a 70-watt, 30,000-rpm spindle, the EGX PRO engraves nametags, awards and trophies, luggage tags, medallions, 3D lettering, ADA signage, control panels and serial number plates. Maximum work area for the EGX-400 is 16" x 12". It has a Z axis height of 1.57”. |
Surface Detection Automatic surface detector determines when the tip of the nose guard touches the material surface for fast and easy setup.
Flat, Level Surface T-slot table provides a flat, even engraving surface and can be easily removed when using jigs, vices or larger materials.
Safe Operation Push-button control panel extends from the machine, allowing users start and pause jobs from a safe distance.
Production-Line Engraving Sequence I/O controller lets users link several EGX PROs together for production-line engraving.
Compatibility Engrave a wide variety of materials, including plastic, acrylics and even metals such as brass and aluminum
Fast & Accurate The EGX PRO features Feed Forward Processing (FFP) - an advanced controller technology that anticipates tool movement. Roland has combined FFP technology with belt drives and digital AC Servo brushless motors on the X, Y and Z axes for unmatched speed and accuracy.
Software All Roland engravers come with Dr. Engrave software. Dr. Engrave has an automatic layout function for importing Excel and CSV database files for faster engraving of name tags and nameplates. Dr. Engrave quickly and automatically lays out jobs to fit material in the most efficient way possible. Another key Dr. Engrave feature is its ability to convert Windows TrueType fonts into single line fonts for optimal engraving. You also get MODELA 3D TEXT and Virtual MODELA along with Dr. Engrave with each Roland rotary engraver.
- Price-performance breakthrough
- Digital AC Servo brushless motors on all axes for unmatched precision
- 30,000 rpm spindle for higher torque and less vibration
- 2D and 3D Engraving
- Automatic surface detection
- 2 MB data re-plot buffer
- Sequence I/O control
- Software included
- Max. cutting area: 16"(X) x 12" (Y) x 1.57"(Z); (407 mm (X) x 305 mm (Y) x 42.5 mm (Z))
- Acceptable material thickness 1.575" (40 mm)
- XYZ motor: AC servo motor (DAC-FFP)
- Feed rate: XY-axis : 0.5 mm/sec. , 1~100 mm/sec. Z-axis : 0.5 mm/sec. , 1~50 mm/sec.
- Acceleration: 0.1 G , 0.05 G
- Software resolution: .00039"/step (0.01 mm/step)
- Mechanical resolution: XY-axis : .0001"/step (0.003 mm/step) Z-axis : .00009"/step (0.0025 mm/step)
- Spindle motor: DC brushless motor Max. 72 W
- Revolution Speed: 8,000 - 30,000 rpm
- Tool chuck: Cutter holder or Collet system
- Positioning accuracy: ± 0.1 % of distance traveled, or ± .0039" (0.1 mm), whichever is greater (Under no-load conditions)
- Repeat accuracy: .0020" (0.05 mm)
- Display: Liquid crystal display unit (with back light)
- Control Keys: MENU , ENTER / PAUSE , SPINDLE , XYZ ORIGIN SET , XYZ Cursor , FAST FEED , COPY , Dial
- Interface: Parallel (in compliance with the specification of Centoronics) Serial (under RS-232C standard) , External connector 1 , External connector 2
- Buffer size: 2 MB
- Power Supply: 100 , 117 , 230 , 240 V ± 10%
- Power consumption: 350 VA
- Dimensions: 31" (W) x 28" (D) x 20.5" (H) (795 mm (W) x 719 mm (D) x 521 mm (H))
- Weight: 112 lb (51 kg) 141 lb (64 kg)
- Operation Environment: Temp: 41° - 104° F (5° - 40° C); Humidity: 35 to 80% (no condensation)
- Accessories: Control panel , Control panel cable , Power code , Nose unit , Solid collet (φ4.36 mm) , Clamp , Spanner (17 mm , 10 mm) ,Hexagonal screw driver , Hexagonal wrench , Roland Software Package CD-ROM , User's manual