Cannot Open Port
When sending from the Cut / Plot window, you receive the error: "Cannot Open Port"
- Check the connection between the cutter and the computer. Unplug the cable from both ends, then securely plug back in.
- Check to make sure you are setup on the correct port.
- Checking Available Ports in Device Manager
- Clear Preferences
- Close all windows.
- Click Start, All Programs, VE LXI, Clear Preferences.
- Click Yes.
i. Clearing Preferences
- Disable all startup Items
- Close all windows
- Click Start, Run.
- Type: msconfig
- Click OK
- On the System Configuration Editor, click Selective Startup and uncheck Load Startup Items
- Click OK and Restart the computer.
i. Disabling Startup Items
- Try with a different cable / computer.
- If using a USB to Serial adapter: Reinstall Drivers
If you have a PrismJet Printer CLICK HERE
Â cannot opeIn port error clear preference preferences device manager