DAF Inside Mount Perforated Window Film - One Way Vision - 54 in x 41 ft
Shipping Weight: 15.00 lbs.
Product Details: DAF Inside Mount Perforated Window Film - One Way Vision - 54 in x 41 ft
DAF Inside Mount Perforated Window Film - One Way Vision
5.7 mil semi-gloss White/Black perforated one way view film with 60/40 perf pattern and 1.5mm holes. Print to the window grip adhesive side, which has an ink-receptive coating, and apply the graphic to the inside of the window with the adhesive and image facing out. The polyester liner ensures a smooth application since it helps prevent tunneling and curling during installation. There are a lot of good reasons to apply graphics to the inside of a window facing out toward the street… Restrictive sign codes, as extra protection from vandalistic passersby, and for the ease of a sheltered indoor installation, especially at higher elevations such as second stories - no ladder required.
1) Print on outside of roll which is the low-tack adhesion side.
2) Try not to invert or bend material in opposite direction of the roll wind, which can cause the liner to tunnel.
3) Printed graphics should be handled carefully. Since the coating is a soft adhesive, do not rub with pressure in the heavy ink areas.
4) Solvent or Eco-Solvent Printer Settings: Heater 40c-45c. Vacuum High, Pinch rollers - 1/2 pressure. If possible disable printer interior pinch rollers, leaving only the edges engaged.
a. Manually unwind material off the feed roll allowing it to drape down before entering printer. This allows the material to feed without resistance or requiring the printer’s pinch rollers to pull the material off the roll. For Roland printers, use fewer pinch rollers (only on the edges).
b. Immediately before printing starts, advance material 1/2 inch. This will release any adhesion built-up between the material and the pinch rolls.
5) For UV cure devices; lift pressure bars, use vacuum only, single strike
a. Sheeting material may offer better transport, pre-test. b. The UV inks will block adhesion. Therefore allow an un-printed parameter area of 1/4 to 1/2 inches around the graphic.
6) Color settings: For high saturation prints choose a profile such as IJ180.
7) An external dryer or halogen 500-1000w lights near the print surface will accelerate drying.
8) We recommend not using a take-up reel but if required run in tension mode and use an external dryer.
9) Shipping: Leave the back liner in place, then add a Siliconized-paper to protect the print/adhesion surface from dirt, dust and damage.
10) Installation: Apply to Clean and Dry interior glass only. Temperature of glass exterior should be above 40 degrees. Remove any print-side liner that was added to protect the print surface & adhesion face. Starting at the top while holding the graphic away from the glass, tack the top edge so it is straight. Begin working down with a smooth squeegee, roller or hand removing the backer liner as you go until the graphic is fully applied.
Illusion Interior Mount is a one-of-a-kind One Way Vision Perforated Window Film designed to be printed on the adhesive side. The product features the revolutionary Gecko coating. It is both an adhesive and an ink receptive coating.
The technology allows retailers to interior mount our perforated film in a single step using the printed side of the graphic. There is no need for additional adhesives or mounting tapes. The Gecko adhesive is removable and repositionable thus allowing even a novice to install on glass and take down with ease.
Key Features & Benefits:
• Most affordable, complete solution for interior mount perforated window film.
• Repositionable and removable.
• Interior window graphics are protected from the elements and vandals.
Compatibility: Use with all solvent and eco-solvent printers. Pre-test printability, transport and adhesion with UV and Latex Ink devices. Note: An un-printed outside border or 'safe edge' of 1/4 to 1/2 inch is required when using UV and latex platforms to assure adhesion. If the graphic has a lot of unprinted white space the safe edge may not be required. Pre-testing is recommended. The product will not feed through HP L series latex printers. It will feed through HP LX series latex printers but a safe edge will be required to assure proper adhesion. For UV printing, print with a single pass so that the holes will not be filled in
Properties: The product offers the revolutionary Gecko adhesive coating that is also an ink receptive imaging layer. The product features a polyester release liner instead of a more traditional paper release liner. This prevents tunneling where the perforated film releases from the liner prematurely.
Longevity: 12-24 Months for Interior application onto clean vertical glass and exposed to normal conditions and climate.
Handling: Always handle product so that the natural roll curl is not compromised. Never invert or bend material in opposite direction of the roll wind.
Printing: Always handle the product so that the natural curl is not compromised. Never invert or bend material in the opposite direction of the roll wind. Print directly onto the white side of the film (Print Side Out). Users will notice that the print side is slightly tacky but it does not feel at all like a traditional pressure sensitive adhesive.
Product can absorb high color saturation. It is desirable to lay down a lot of ink so that the image looks vibrant. Suggest media settings: 3MIJ18OC or, in some cases, Backlit Film. Recommended solvent or eco-solvent printer settings: Heater 40-45c. Vacuum: high. Pinch rollers; half pressure. Unwind material off feed roll by hand and allow it to drape down before entering printer. This creates less “drag” as the media is pulled through the printer. Advance material ½” before printing starts. Do not use the take up reel.
Drying and Cure : Dry to touch 5-10 min. An external dryer or heat lamp will accelerate drying. Additionally, full curing of inks can be achieved by waiting 24 hours. This can be accelerated by standing a loosely wound printed roll on end for a period of time.
Post Printing: Leave the back liner in place until the final install. Before rolling up the prints or cutting into sheets and stacking, use silicone release liner (silicone side down onto the print face) as an interleaf. This will prevent the graphic from picking up dirt and debris and it will allow for stacking of multiple prints.
Installation: Apply to Clean and Dry interior glass only. Temperature of glass exterior should be above 40 degrees. The adhesive sticks much better to warm glass. Starting at the top, while holding the graphic away from the glass, tack the top edge so it is straight. Begin working down the graphic with a smooth squeegee, roller or hand moving the back liner as you go until the graphic is fully applied. The graphic can be removed and re-applied if needed. It will leave no residue on glass. A small amount of residue may remain when removed from Plexiglas or Lexan. This can be easily removed with glass cleaner.
- Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Click here to write an review and share your thoughts with others.