HIX S-650 16" X 20" Auto Open Clamshell Heat Press - 120v
Shipping Weight: 95.00 lbs.
Product Details: HIX S-650 16" X 20" Auto Open Clamshell Heat Press - 120v
The HIX S-650 Clamshell Press adds the ease of an auto open function to the size and durability of the HT-600. The S-650 utilizes an electronically activated mechanical latch release mechanism with a gas shock assist to open the press without the need for compressed air. It's the perfect companion to a direct-to-garment printer.
With a 16” x 20” platen surface, you’ll be capable of handing transfers that require more surface area than an entry-level press provides. Built with the same features and performance characteristics as the popular HT-400, the S-650 has a large 16" x 20" heat platen that can apply even pressure on all types of transfers, even on items up to ½-inch thick. The floating lower platen helps provide even pressure on thicker items, no matter were it’s applied.
Like the HT-400 & HT-600, the Hix S-650 is ruggedly made in the USA, and will provide years of trouble-free performance.Features:
- Manufactured in a permanent steel cavity mold using a HIX-exclusive aluminum alloy for maximum heat transfer.
- The floating lower platen helps provide even pressure on thicker items, no matter where it’s applied. The bottom platen tilts up towards the upper platen as the heat press closes. This equalizes pressure, even when pressing thick items like a quarter-inch thick 8" × 10" ceramic tile.
- The S-650 features a touch-screen controller that is adjustable up to 999 seconds, shows time countdown on readout, beeps after elapsed time, and resets when the handle is raised.
- The calibrated digital temperature control is adjustable up to 450°F (232°C) and displays the current temperature.
- The easy-to-use open-and-close handle has spring assist and a full range pressure adjustment, provides even pressure on thicker items, and adds 20% more pressure over straight handle designs.
- The current pressure is displayed on the touch-screen display each time the press closes. The pressure is easily changed with the black pressure dial on the face of the control housing (clockwise for more, counter-clockwise for less). There are nine settings: 0-3 for light pressure, 4-6 for medium, and 7-9 for heavy. This is a great feature if your heat transfer applications require varying pressure settings.
- Auto-Off Feature automatically shuts off heat press after 3 hours of non-use. This can be adjusted or disabled according to your preference.
- 100% Made in the USA – HIX has its own 110,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with its very own fully integrated aluminum foundry, CNC mill operation, welding, metal forming, wiring, fabrication, assembly, and packaging departments.
- The S-650 is ETL certified. It has a limited 1-year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the heating element.
- Direct-to-garment prints
- T-shirt transfers with heat transfer vinyl
- Dye sublimation
- Contents & Specs
- 1 16" x 20" Hix Heat Press
- 16" x 20" heating element
- LCD touch screen control panel
- Up to 450°F (232°C)
- W 21” x H 23” x D 33”
- 220v Optional
- 1 Year
Click here for installation instruction on the Hix S-450P & S-650P SD20 Heat Press.